`Unbelievable' Dodgers Blow 11-1 Lead, Lose Game To Phils

-- LOS ANGELES - The mood in the Philadelphia dugout wasn't conducive to comebacks.

``We were worried about getting back to the hotel in time for room service,'' said John Kruk, whose pinch-hit, three-run homer in the ninth inning helped wipe out an 11-1 Los Angeles lead last night in the Phillies' 12-11 victory.

``You don't think about coming back and winning that game,'' Kruk said. ``When I came up, I looked at the scoreboard because I couldn't keep track.''

Carmelo Martinez later added a double to score Rod Booker with the winning run.

The Phillies, trailing 11-3 entering the final inning, battered rookie Dodger reliever Dave Walsh, who retired only one of seven batters.

Rookie shortstop Jose Offerman committed two crucial errors as Philadelphia scored eight unearned runs.

Los Angeles Manager Tommy Lasorda was flabbergasted afterward.

``I'm shocked. I've ever seen anything like this. It was the first time in my managerial career that something like this has happened.

``I don't believe it,'' Lasorda said. ``11-1 and then 11-3 going into the ninth. It's unbelievable.''

Los Angeles wasted a four-RBI performance by Mike Scioscia, who singled and doubled with the bases full. He is 7 for 16 (.438) with 18 RBI in bases-loaded situations this season.

EXPOS 10

GIANTS 5

-- SAN FRANCISCO - Spike Owen scored when Dave Martinez's single skipped through Will Clark's legs in the seventh, and Montreal added four runs in the ninth.

REDS 8

CUBS 1

-- CINCINNATI - Billy Hatcher scored after three of his four doubles and Rick Mahler won his first start in four weeks as Cincinnati ended a five-game losing streak.

Hatcher led off four innings with doubles. His four doubles tied a major league record accomplished 19 times.

PADRES 7

METS 0

-- SAN DIEGO - Ed Whitson pitched a seven-hitter, his third shutout of the year, for San Diego.

ASTROS 2

PIRATES 1

-- PITTSBURGH - Danny Darwin won his eighth straight game and Eric Yelding singled to break an eighth-inning tie as Houston ended Pittsburgh's six-game win streak.

BRAVES 7

CARDINALS 2

-- ST. LOUIS - John Smoltz held St. Louis to two runs in eight innings and Atlanta took advantage of three errors.