Wiring Sparked Thriftway Fire
Seattle Times Staff: Seattle Times News Services
SEATTLE - The fire that destroyed the West Seattle Thriftway store at California Avenue Southwest and Southwest Morgan Street early Thursday morning was caused by an electrical wiring failure.
Fire investigators found the problem in wiring in the ceiling at the southwest corner of the building, Fire Department officials said.
The loss was estimated at $1.6 million.
Copyright (c) 1997 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.