Makes about ¾ cup
-1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ¾ cup mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers (rinsed and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickles (such as cornichons, gherkins or sweets)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Put the shallot into a small bowl, cover with cold water and set aside about 10 minutes. Drain and press with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
2. Spoon the mayonnaise into a measuring cup and add the shallot, lemon juice, salt, pepper, capers, pickles, tarragon and parsley. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Data per 2 tablespoon serving
Saturated fat 2g
Monounsaturated fat 4g
Polyunsaturated fat 4g
From "Nancy Silverton's Sandwich Book: The Best Sandwiches Ever
— From Thursday Nights at Campanile" by Nancy Silverton with Teri Gelber.