Advertising

Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - Page updated at 12:00 AM

E-mail article     Print

Ken Hearing - North Bend Mayor

Ken Hearing Ken Hearing

Residence: North Bend

Education: No response

Community/political experience: Various citizen committees but most recently five years on North Bend's Planning Commission

Campaign Web site: www.kenformayorNB.com

Questions:

1. How will you address your top three priorities for the position?
1. Keep the sexual-predator house out of our community and use all available resources in this battle. 2. Resolve the water-rights issue through continued communication with Department of Ecology. Our economic stability depends on it. 3. Provide for more accountability in all government offices.

2. What would you bring to this position that sets you apart from other candidates?
I would bring common sense and balance to the office, and I believe in considering what is best for the city as a whole when making decisions. I also believe in soliciting input from members of all neighborhoods and including them in the decision-making process.

3. In a time of strapped budgets, how could your city save money or generate more revenue?
To maximize the taxpayers' return on their dollars, I would ensure that all the city's expenditures are accounted for. To increase revenue, I will continue to work toward a revitalized downtown core.

advertising

Get home delivery today!

Advertising