Recipe: Frozen Fruit Margarita
- Lime wedge
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ cup dealcoholized white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or raspberry syrup (see Kitchen Note)
- ¾ cup frozen fruit slices or chunks (peach, mango or strawberries)
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Garnish: lime or fruit wedge
1. Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with lime wedge and dip rim in salt. Chill in freezer or refrigerator.
2. Combine dealcoholized wine, lime juice, syrup and fruit in a blender. Cover and blend at medium speed almost to a purée. Add crushed ice and blend until slushy.
3. Pour margarita into chilled glass and garnish.
Times Kitchen Note: To make simple syrup, combine
½ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water. Slowly bring to
a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue at a full boil
1 minute. Remove from heat and cool. Pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate. The syrup will keep up to 1 month in the
refrigerator. Raspberry syrup from Torani can also be used.
Note: Some treatment programs discourage alcoholics from drinking dealcoholized wine.
From "The Ultimate Liquor-Free Drink Guide" by Sharon Tyler Herbst
Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company