Good deals on wine, plus tips for taking a bottle to a restaurant
2132 N. Northgate Way, Seattle
All wines half price Sunday-Thursday; bottles over $50 half price Friday and Saturday
94 Stewart St., Seattle
No corkage fee on Sunday
2137 Second Ave., Seattle
No corkage fee on Sunday (for wines not on the list)
1400 First Ave., Seattle
No corkage fee Monday night
1225 Fourth Ave. Seattle, 206-829-2280
323 Parkplace, Kirkland, 425-828-3772
14459 Woodinville-Redmond Road N.E., Woodinville, 425-483-7129
No corkage fee on first bottle (for wines not on the list)
$10 corkage for other bottles
317 N.W. Gilman Blvd., 28A, Issaquah
All bottled wine half price on Tuesday
Salish Lodge & Spa
6501 Railroad Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie
Half price wines Tuesday and Wednesday in the Attic Bistro (minimum $25 food purchase)
Buck's American Cafe
2901 Hewitt Ave., Everett
$10 corkage; half off any bottle on Monday nights.
11 Bellwether Way, Bellingham
All wines $5 over retail. Weekly "Screamin' deal" under $10. Friday night wine tastings; six tastes for $5-10. Corkage is $5.
Toscanos Cafe and Wine Bar
437 29th St. N.E., Puyallup
All wines 25 percent off on Tuesday
550 Columbia Point Drive, Richland
Corkage is $10 (for wines not on the list)
25 E. Valley Mall Blvd., Union Gap, Yakima County
All bottled wine half price on Tuesday; no corkage fee.
207 W. Main St., Walla Walla
No corkage on Sundays
Tips for taking wine to a restaurant
• Call ahead to confirm restaurant policy regarding corkage.
• Inquire about stemware to be certain you get good glasses.
• If you have a rare or older wine, discuss decanting with the sommelier.
• Do not bring a wine that is on the restaurant wine list.
• Do not bring a wine that cost less than the corkage fee.
• Do share a small glass of your special wine with the sommelier.
• Do order something from the wine list in addition to your bottle.
• Do pro-rate your tip to reward the quality of the wine service.
Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company