Advertising

Friday, January 5, 2007 - Page updated at 12:00 AM

E-mail article     Print

Psst!

Spit up on a rock star

Seattle Times staff reporter

They say you can read to babies to stimulate their development. So I'm thinking you can dress a baby in a Led Zeppelin onesie to discourage future idolization of Britney Spears. Can't hurt, might help.

Since grown-ups should never have all the fun, San Francisco-based Wolfgang's Vault has introduced a kids' clothing line with vintage-inspired designs featuring the likes of the Rolling Stones, Cream and Jimi Hendrix.

"Baby fashion is becoming as trendy and groundbreaking as adult wear," says Courtney Chatalas, director of apparel production and design. "The neat thing about it is it appeals to parents of different generations. You've got the parents who were at those shows, and then you've got younger generations who like the artwork and the edginess of it."

And then there are Seattle parents. Says Chatalas, a Seattle native: "Growing up, my first concert was the Rolling Stones. I think a lot of Northwesterners grow up with music in their blood."

Wolfgang's Vault T-shirts (sizes toddler 2 to kids' 12) and onesies are available online ($22-$32, www.wolfgangsvault.com).

Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or psitt@seattletimes.com

Copyright © 2007 The Seattle Times Company

advertising

Get home delivery today!

Advertising

Advertising